Pat Tillman USO
Sends New Request
The Pat Tillman USO at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan sent a new request to Batavia Cares.
1. HEALTHY SNACKS: Jerky, trail mixes, granola bars and fruit snacks are gobbled up!
2. DRINK MIX PACKETS: Did we mention it's hot out here? Water bottles are guzzled, so drink mix packets are gold! Gatorade, lemonade, iced tea, crystal light are all great options.
3. MICROWAVEABLE: Anything easy to microwave is quite popular and helpful with the limited resources here -- Easy Mac, LOTS OF POPCORN, cup o'noodles, Chef Boyardee, oatmeal. Snacks that come in their own bowl are FAVORABLE as dining wear can be hard to acquire.
4. NON-PERISHABLE: Tuna (can or packets), fruit cups, peanut butter/Nutella, soups, etc.
5. CHOCOLATE is great but it's still too warm right now and they will melt in the package. Please send LOTS during the winter months, so we can stock up for next summer!
We also need travel size toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash, wet wipes, etc.)
ITEMS CAN BE DROP OFF AT ACE HARDWARE or
324 Church St., Batavia
Join our Cookie of the Month Club
It is easy all you have to do is bake a batch of cookies a month and we will send them to deployed troops.
To register contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 630.687.1943
Please include your Name and contact information so that we can Thank You
Cookies recieved by the Chaplain of the United States Air Force
Cookies were baked by local citizens and
Donated by Girl Scout Troop 3223,
Thank you so much for the cookies! We gave this batch to the passenger
terminal folks, so they can bless the Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and
civilian employees that pass through their workspace on a daily basis. Your
kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated by all of us, and we cannot
thank you enough for a little taste of home while we are so far away.
CARL W. WILEY, MSgt, USAF
Superintendent, Chapel Operations
APO, AE 09352
Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
- I use the recipes off the packages of chocolate chips and oats. If you do not have time to bake from scratch, "extra moist" or cake mix that contains pudding makes a very good cookie. The basic recipe is 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 large eggs per box. You can be creative by adding Rice Krispies, raisins, white chocolate chips, M&M's, etc. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes (but underbake at least one minute).
- If you send peanut butter cookies or any cookies that contain nuts, please label each bag "contains nuts."
- Underbake the cookies about one minute to preserve the freshness.
- In humid environments, add 1/2-1 tsp. of baking powder per batch.
- Chocolate chip (substitute with M&M's May-October), oatmeal-raisin, peanut butter and snickerdoodles are the most popular cookies.
- Freeze the cookies until you are ready to ship them.
- Avoid sending moist breads (such as banana bread) during humid summer months--they mold quickly.
Thanking Those Who Made An American Christmas for The Troops Possible
Batavia Cares Receives Flag Flown in Afghanistan
Thanks to the Batavia Bandits Baseball Team for collecting items at a Shop and Drop at Berkeley's Finer Foods
Marmion Cadets spent the day at Jewel Osco doing a Shop and Drop for the Christmas shipment to the troops.
Sent An American Christmas To Our Troops
Thanks for the Support
Joleen Batek, 630.761.1928, email@example.com or
Jerry DiCola, 312.296.6712, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here For Video on How To Pack for the Troops
Illinois National Guard Wise Guys Deployed to Afghanistan.
Read about their mission click here.
Everyday our heroes put their lives on the line. They are still loosing their lives. We must not forget them.
Tribute to Batavia's Fallen