Pat Tillman USO
Thanks Marmion and Batavia Cares
for Micorwave Popcorn
Thank you to all who have donated to Batavia Cares with the popcorn. The troops really appreciate it. They are serving around the world let us never forget them.A big shout out to our great friends for their wonderful donations, Marmion Academy and Batavia Cares!!! Our troops sure love their popcorn, thank you so much!!#usomoments!!!
ITEMS CAN BE DROP OFF AT ACE HARDWARE or
324 Church St., Batavia
Join our Cookie of the Month Club
It is easy all you have to do is bake a batch of cookies a month and we will send them to deployed troops.
To register contact us at email@example.com
or call 630.687.1943
Please include your Name and contact information so that we can Thank You
Cookies recieved by the Chaplain of the United States Air Force
Cookies were baked by local citizens and
Donated by Girl Scout Troop 3223,
Thank you so much for the cookies! We gave this batch to the passenger
terminal folks, so they can bless the Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and
civilian employees that pass through their workspace on a daily basis. Your
kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated by all of us, and we cannot
thank you enough for a little taste of home while we are so far away.
CARL W. WILEY, MSgt, USAF
Superintendent, Chapel Operations
APO, AE 09352
Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
- I use the recipes off the packages of chocolate chips and oats. If you do not have time to bake from scratch, "extra moist" or cake mix that contains pudding makes a very good cookie. The basic recipe is 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 large eggs per box. You can be creative by adding Rice Krispies, raisins, white chocolate chips, M&M's, etc. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes (but underbake at least one minute).
- If you send peanut butter cookies or any cookies that contain nuts, please label each bag "contains nuts."
- Underbake the cookies about one minute to preserve the freshness.
- In humid environments, add 1/2-1 tsp. of baking powder per batch.
- Chocolate chip (substitute with M&M's May-October), oatmeal-raisin, peanut butter and snickerdoodles are the most popular cookies.
- Freeze the cookies until you are ready to ship them.
- Avoid sending moist breads (such as banana bread) during humid summer months--they mold quickly.
Thanking Those Who Made An American Christmas for The Troops Possible
Batavia Cares Receives Flag Flown in Afghanistan
Thanks to the Batavia Bandits Baseball Team for collecting items at a Shop and Drop at Berkeley's Finer Foods
Marmion Cadets spent the day at Jewel Osco doing a Shop and Drop for the Christmas shipment to the troops.
Sent An American Christmas To Our Troops
Thanks for the Support
Joleen Batek, 630.761.1928, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Jerry DiCola, 312.296.6712, email@example.com
Click Here For Video on How To Pack for the Troops
Illinois National Guard Wise Guys Deployed to Afghanistan.
Read about their mission click here.
Everyday our heroes put their lives on the line. They are still loosing their lives. We must not forget them.
Tribute to Batavia's Fallen